When it comes to working out, music is everything! It can get you pumped up and in the mood to give your workout all you’ve got. It can get you excited and full of energy. Music can even make you look forward to your sweat session. It really is key to enjoying your fitness regime. With many of us having the goal of weight loss for this new year, I thought I’d share with you all my favorite workout songs of the moment. I tend to listen more to pop, soft rock, and R&B so if those are your favorite genres, then you might just find some in this list that will become your new favorites. They also range from 90s hits to today’s pop favorites. I hope you enjoy 😊🎶
“Why Can’t I?”, Liz Phair
“She’s So High”, Tal Bachman
“There She Goes”, Sixpence None The Richer
“White Flag”, Dido
“Someday”, Sugar Ray
“Only Human”, Jonas Brothers
“Turn Off The Lights”, Nelly Furtado
“Pieces Of Me”, Ashlee Simpson
“Invisible”, Ashlee Simpson
“Sparks”, Hilary Duff
“Island In The Sun”, Weezer
“Sue Me”, Sabrina Carpenter
“Dance Monkey”, Tones and I
“Circles”, Post Malone (clean)
“Take Off All Your Cool”, Sabrina Carpenter
“In My Bed”, Sabrina Carpenter
“Bad Time”, Sabrina Carpenter
“R.E.M”, Ariana Grande
“Rock Bottom”, Hailee Steinfeld
“Look At Her Now”, Selena Gomez
“Sign Of The Times”, Harry Styles
“Easier”, 5 Seconds of Summer
“thank u, next”, Ariana Grande (clean)
“Electric Lady”, Janelle Monae
“Boots”, Grayson Chance
“Gonna Get Over You”, Sara Bareilles
“Workin’ On It”, Meghan Trainor
“Sparks”, Hilary Duff
“How Do You Sleep”, Sam Smith
“I’m Like A Bird”, Nelly Furtado
“Youngblood”, 5 Seconds Of Summer
“Goodbye” (clean), Post Malone
“That Girl”, Lindsay Lohan
“Play That Song”, Train
“Needy” (clean), Ariana Grande
“N.A.S.A”, Ariana Grande
“Boyfriend” (clean), Ariana Grande
“Beat Of My Heart”, Hilary Duff
“We Are Young” (clean), FUN
“Stranger”, Hilary Duff
“Lush Life”, Zara Larson
“Me Too”, Meghan Trainor
Did you find any songs here that you already like or are excited to give a try? Please let me know in the comments below and let me know some of your favorites too. I’m always looking for new music to listen to.
Last week was part 1 of this series where I shared 12 things I’ve learned in my life. Since the list was so long, I decided to break it up into two posts. This is part 2. It’s heavy and it’s deep…so get ready. 🌻
13. Let God guide you in life. Sorry to include religion if that’s not your thing, but I just need to briefly say that God is the reason why I am so happy today and why my life is where it is. I’ve been in the trenches and in the lowest of lows and God helped me to get out of that. He helped guide me to true happiness in life and avoid paths in life that I almost went down but just would’ve given me misery. So I just have to quickly give thanks and credit to God himself. I wouldn’t be where I am now without him.
14. Figure our what it is you want to do in life so that all your decisions can help lead you there. I know it’s easier said than done but maybe write down a list of things that interest you and perhaps actual jobs you can do surrounding those things. Or if marriage is a major goal for you, think of the qualities you want in a life long mate. That way you can be sure to search that out in the men you talk to and if they aren’t what you’re looking for, you can end it with them and move on. At least then you won’t be wasting your time. Try and think of where you want to be in 5 or 10 years from now so you can set goals that will bring you there.
15 You need to take care of yourself if you want to help care for others. This is a lesson that was especially engraved in me once I had my daughter. You can not serve from an empty cup. You will just find yourself burnt out, exhausted, and constantly irritated. It doesn’t take too much to care for yourself either; eat healthy meals, do your hair, take a hot shower, do a little makeup (if that’s your thing), and most importantly get your rest. You can’t expect a car on empty to go very far so prioritize your sleep if you want to get anything done.
16. Focus on strength training, not cardio. I see so many people, young and old, who workout so much or eat very little but still have a flat butt, lanky arms, and just overall not the shape they want. I wish I could just tell them that all they need is some strength training. And I’m not talking about 2 pound dumbbells; I’m talking about 20 pounds. Strength training has helped give me the curves I have, its given my arms shape, it’s given me structure and definition in my face and body, a sculpted back, abs, and so much more. You can see all my muscle definition even though I still have some weight to lose and that’s because of strength training. Some people believe that once they lose the fat everything will be toned, but the truth is that you need strength training to give you that definition. If you have to choose one over the other, I’d say skip out on the cardio and focus on the weights. And I know a lot of people fear getting bulky, having a thick neck, and large shoulders. Trust me, I get it. I don’t like that look either. The thing is though, it takes a lot of focused effort, a specific kind of diet, and really heavy lifting to attain that bulky look. So it’s not just going to happen on it’s own overnight.
17. You don’t need to keep anyone toxic in your life. Whether that be family or a friend that you’ve known for a really long time. Don’t feel obliged to keep anyone in your life who’s constantly bringing you down, causing problems in your life, and who is overall a negative influence in your life. That’s draining and exhausting. You don’t need that.
18. Never look to a guy to make you feel whole. If you do, you’re heart will always be in their hands. If they cheated on you or hurt you, you may believe that’s what you deserved. Don’t let any other person define you. Be whole enough on your own. Be complete on your own. That way if a guy comes into the picture, he will just add to your happiness. If he is the only reason for you to be happy, then you will constantly be unsteady because any little thing he does could make your whole earth shatter. I know it’s easier said than done. This is something I had to learn too but it’s necessary and vital. We can’t rely on someone else for our happiness because what would we do if one day they’re gone? You can’t spend your days with that anxious thought always in the back of your head. Look within yourself to see why you don’t feel whole on your own. Why do you feel the need to be validated by someone else? Once you answer those questions, you can start on the road to inner happiness and satisfaction. People are unpredictable so you wouldn’t want your whole life to lie in the hands of someone else.
19. Love is far superior to romance. I know that may be hard to believe, especially with the way movies make it out to be. But trust me, love is so much better and is long lasting. Romance is so quick lived and often dies out. You can certainly have romance and be deeply in love with your spouse, but often that takes more effort since you’ve guys have been together so long and its not the beginning stage of your relationship. Often times, as ladies, we can be suckers for romance (I know I am). It can sweep us off our feet and blind us to any red flags or toxic behavior that the guy may be exhibiting. But as someone who has experienced both, I have to tell you that the truth is love is the better option. It’s everlasting. Love is there for you when you’re at your worst moments in life. Love is there to support you and help you through life. That’s what a guy does when he loves you. The romantic guy often just wants to be there for the good parts and as soon as you’re having a hard time, they’re gone. And of course I’m not saying this is true of all romantic guys. It’s possible for a guy to be both in love with you and also romantic. But I’m talking more about those guys where that’s all they really offer. They’re a smooth talker, know just what to say, and are very romantic, but it doesn’t go any further than that. But sometimes because we love the romance so much, we’ll ignore the fact that he’s not so great as an actual boyfriend. And that leads me to my next point.
20. Don’t ignore the warning signs and the red flags! Often times we may be so head over heels for a guy and love the way they make us feel that we ignore all the ways they’re bad for us. We live for those high points in the relationship because it makes us feel like we’re walking on air. But be wary. Keep your eyes open. From my own experience, the most romantic, smooth talking guys were actually really terrible people and I realized that with the deeper I dug. I found out that they were going around talking to so many other girls in just the same way; they didn’t really care about me personally. That is a terrible person who is not going to change just for you. He just doesn’t respect women as a whole and he shows that in the way he acts. Love is just a game for people like that. It builds their ego knowing they can get so many girls and they usually don’t care if you get hurt in the process. It makes him feel good having the reputation of a “heart-breaker”. But often times we may still stick around though because he says the most perfect things and makes you feel incredible. But look beneath the surface. Those are just words; anyone can talk but it’s a whole other thing to walk. The fact that he’s not giving you his full attention and toys around with other girls hearts says a lot about what he thinks of you. He doesn’t think you’re worth it. He feels that you’re just worth part of his time. Don’t try and stick around and hope that he’ll change because more than likely that’s just the way he’s gonna stay. If he’ll disrespect you now, he’ll continue to do it. The honeymoon stage of when you first meet a person is supposed to be a time where you’re really trying to impress the other person and put your best foot forward. But if he’s treating you so negatively now, I’d be scared to see just how ugly it’ll get as years pass and he get’s even more comfortable with you. I want you to see that and not go any further with him. See the warning signs and run for the hills. (I’m sorry if this came off as harsh but when you’re in this situation, sometimes you just need someone to be blunt and give it to you straight. It can be so easy to overlook those things but if 5 years down the road you’re married to this guy and have children with him, it won’t be so cute having him still act like this. You’ll be kicking yourself wondering why you ever stayed with him. I just want you to avoid all that pain and regret.)
21. Don’t allow social media to break up your relationship. I’ve heard that many couples have actually divorced over it too. That’s so sad to me. Understand that social media is not real life. You’re relationship with your partner is far more important (and real) than anything on your phone. If it bothers them that you follow a certain person or like certain posts, just stop doing it. I’ve heard of couples who will fight that to the core. They’ll say “well it’s my right to do it. You can’t tell me what I can and cannot do.” and the list goes on. Why be so adamant about following certain people like that? Why is that so much more important to you than how you’re mate is feeling? Social media is whatever to me. I use it mainly as a business tool and to share photos with family. Any accounts I follow are just for fun. I really don’t care if my husband wanted me to delete all my accounts today, I would just do it. Social media is just not important to me. And the fact that people would have actual arguments with their loved one because they don’t want to unfollow a certain person? That’s unbelievable. Just remember that at the end of the day social media is not a person. So if your mate were to leave you over it, you would be all alone. And for what? It’s just not worth it. Let your pride go, let your ego down, and just listen to your mate’s feelings. Make their happiness a priority far before social media.
22. You can be body positive and still want to lose weight. I know this is a big debate, it often times causes arguments, and everyone has their own opinion on it. Here’s mine: yes, I believe you can still lose weight while also loving yourself and your body. You don’t have to hate your body in order to lose weight. Just recently I’ve lost 22 pounds and am still trying to lose about 10 pounds more. Even at the beginning of my weight loss journey, I still thought I was cute. I was never repulsed or disgusted with myself. And when it came to losing weight, I never resorted to starving myself or putting myself on a super restrictive diet that made me want to gag. I think often times, that may have been the experience of others when they first tried losing weight (I know I did the same thing when I was 12) so I think that’s what they relate to when it comes to losing weight, as if that’s the only way that it can be done. I would actually argue that I’m showing my body more love by trying to get rid of extra weight that is only causing health problems. I’m eating healthier and making sure I’m more active throughout the day. I think caring for my body in that way is much more loving.
23. And finally number 23! I should make this one good since it’s the last one, right? Ok here it goes: always do what’s right. I know that sounds so cheesy, so dull, and boring. But hear me out. Often times when you’re trying to be morally and ethically good as a person, it can be hard. It can be especially hard when we see people who are doing things so wrong and bad in life and yet seem to get away with it and even prosper. But the truth is, we will always pay for our actions in the end. Sooner or later those consequences will be knocking on our door. For example, if you did bad, cheated on your mate, and thought that they would never find out if you never told, guess what. Those things will always, always come out. You will face those consequences sooner or later. You can’t avoid them. Or if you did right in life, you will see good things come your way. You will avoid drama, arguments, and a lifetime of chaos by doing things right. In my life, I have always made the right decisions, I was always the good girl. At times it felt like why, why do I have to work so hard at doing good when this person is doing so many terrible things and yet seems to be prospering. Again, the truth will always come out. Years later I now see it. I see the misery that is their life, how they are struggling, and are alone due to their wrong behavior, and I see how everything in my life is seeming to align all at the same time. Everything is just right and just as I want it to be in life. I’m not trying to brag, that’s why I’m keeping it real vague and brief. But just know that those people who are doing wrong, even if you can’t see it now, they are (or will soon be) paying for their course in life. It may be something that takes years and years for them to fix (and sometimes it may be something that they’ll just have to struggle with for the rest of their lives). So don’t feel that it is in vain that you do things right. Know that soon you will see the reward for all your hard work and then you’ll be so grateful that you made the decisions you did and avoided so many problems in life.
So guys, there you have it: 23 things I’ve learned in my life. I hope you can take away at least one tip from this that you found helpful. In my life I’ve learned so many things, even as a young person. A big part of that is listening to the experiences of others. So please be open to hearing what older and wiser ones have to say. They’re just trying to help you avoid mistakes that they possibly have made in life or have seen others make. Then that way you can avoid so much hurt in your life. Weigh each decision out carefully. It can be so quick to make a decision that may impact you for the rest of your life so think things through. I’d love to hear from you guys and hear any bits of wisdom that you have. Please share! 🙂
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always looked a mess. I was overweight with cystic acne all along my jaw and down my neck, my hair was always a frizzy mess, and I sometimes suffered with b.o. I would always look up to the beautiful women who always seemed to have it together. They were poised, confident, so fashionable and cool. Everyone wanted to be their friend. I always knew though that I had it in me to be just as great. So from the age of 12 years old, I started my transformation. It has been 10 years in the making but I now can share with you all how I’ve learned to look good from head to toe. Here’s how I learned to be the most confident version of myself:
We’ll start from the top and work our way down. So first thing is your hair. You’re going to want to learn how to style it. Whether you want to use hot tools or keep it au natural is up to you. Just learn how to work with your hair and style it in a way so it doesn’t look frizzy. I personally like to use hot tools for my hair. I only do it twice a week and wash my hair every 3 days. I’ll usually use a curling iron for voluminous waves but when I’m in the mood for it, I’ll use a straightener. You’ll also want to make sure to take good care of your hair too. Do deep conditioning treatments once a week, use a protectant when using hot tools, be kind to your hair, not rough. Damaged hair does not look good and there’s not much you can do when it’s severely damaged except grow it out. There’s also no way of hiding damaged hair so make sure to prevent it and take good care of it now. Also, only dye it a color that is compatible with your skin tone and that is only 3 shades lighter or darker than your natural hair color. That’ll help prevent extreme damage and will help your hair to look more natural. But of course, you don’t need to dye your hair at all. The key is healthy, smooth hair.
Next we’ll move on to our face. You’re gonna want to go to YouTube for this one and start watching some makeup tutorials. I only had to watch a few to get some game changing tips that have helped my makeup to look more professional. What I’ve learned too is that your products make a BIG difference when it comes to the way you’re makeup will turn out. I never thought so. I always thought that they were basically all the same. For example, you might think you have no eyelashes, but it may just be that you’re using the wrong mascara. At least that was the case for me. I always thought I had bad lashes but after switching my mascara, now my lashes are the main thing people always compliment me on. My favorite brand is NYX for makeup. They give you professional results at drugstore prices and I’ve recently learned that if you buy them on amazon, they’re always cheaper…like 50% so! So there’s a little tip for ya 😉 I’ll make a separate post where I get into all my staple products so you don’t have to waste time and money trying so many different ones and you can skip right to the good stuff. But trust me, upgrading your makeup routine is a game changer! It’ll make you look so much more put together and will make you feel so confident- it’s a must on my list!
Next we’ll talk about your ears or more specifically, earrings. You don’t have to wear earrings, but I always do. I never leave the house without them. I personally am a big hoops girl (it’s just the Latina in me lol) But I feel like even if you have small little studs in, they can help you look so much more fashionable. I’ve also been getting into hair accessories. I like cheetah print head scarves or scrunchies with bows on them. It’s so simple but those little touches really help level up your outfit and tie everything together. I think dainty necklaces are another really nice touch. They’re so feminine and delicate and really spice up any outfit. Don’t be afraid to experiment with scarves or different handbags too. You can find such a great variety and for really cheap too.
Since, we’re working our way down to the underarm area, let’s talk about b.o (other wise known as body odor). So it’s simple: take a shower everyday, wash your clothes weekly and don’t wear anything that has a foul smell. You’re clothes don’t have to be expensive to look good. What’s most important is that they’re clean, smell fresh, don’t have stains, and preferably wrinkle free. Please use deodorant and don’t forget it. Carry a travel one with you as a mid-day refresher. we all need it sometimes, it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. And as a bonus, a body spray or perfume helps for you to have a nice feminine scent that people will smell when you walk passed. It’s a nice touch. Also, please moisturize any dry, visible parts of your body (legs, knees, elbows) and please, oh please, if you’re feet are going to be exposed, moisturize those as well. I can’t stand dry, cracked heels. I’m sorry, it’s just a pet peeve of mine. It’s so easy to fix too and does not look good at all when you walk around like that. So please, for my sake, don’t do it. And I know all this sounds pretty simple, but you’d be surprised by how many adults have b.o. Oh and don’t forget to brush your teeth, carry mints or gum with you as a mid-day pick me up to freshen up. And if you always have bad breath, talk to your doctor. It may be something you’re eating or an underlying issue that your doctor may be able to help you with.
Next, we’ll move on to your bra. You’d be surprised at what a difference wearing the right bra can make. If you wear one that’s too small, you may have spillage in the cup area or back bulge squeezing out around the straps. If it’s too big, then it can cause a lot of weird gaping, especially around the cup area. So get sized. You can do it yourself at home. I finally, after about 10 years or so of wearing bras, have finally figured out my correct size! So now my bra outline can’t be seen through my shirt and it’s so much more comfortable to wear.
Now, we’ll talk about clothes. I always feel it’s best to have a certain color scheme with your wardrobe. I tend to have more of an autumn skin tone so in my closet you’ll see a lot of peach, burnt orange, burgundy, olive green, brown, ivory, mustard yellow, blush pink, tones. Having a color scheme with your wardrobe means that you’ll easily be able to mix and match certain pieces since they all work well together. So you’ll be able to have a few pieces but make many outfits from them. Try to find clothes that flatter your figure too. Of course you don’t have to, but there will be some pieces that will look better on you than others (just like with anyone else).
Next we’ll move onto your legs, or more specifically, body hair. So you’l want to make sure you’re shaving often. Everyone’s hair grows at different rates but for me, I pretty much start shaving whenever I see that stubble is starting to form. I want to be as smooth, feminine, and dainty as possible. That means no body hair (including facial, underarm, leg, thigh…you name it.)
Next, we’ll talk about our feet. I think it’s important to have your feet freshly pedicured year round. That doesn’t mean you have to get it done professionally or even that your nails have to always be painted (if that’s not you’re thing). But it does mean that your nails should always be cleaned, trimmed, dead skin and callouses removed, file down anything that needs it, and overall just have smooth, clean feet. I think uncared for feet are very unattractive to just about anyone. And it can be something fun to do. I like to do mine in the night when my daughter’s already asleep. I put my show on, relax, and paint my nails my favorite color of the moment.
Now we’ll touch on weight and fitness. I know that this can be a touchy subject. So this part will just be for those who already do want to lose weight. I personally have always been on the overweight side as I’ve mentioned. I’ve lost 40 pounds as a teenager. I always held on to 10-15 more even after that though. And after I had my daughter I had like 15 more that I had gained. So of the 25 that I’ve held onto after having giving birth, I’ve already lost 15 of it during these past few months and am working on losing the 10 that remains. I have simply been counting calories with the my fitness pal app and doing HIIT workouts 3x a week. But let me just tell you, losing weight is what really makes me feel the most confident of everything on this list. If you’re overweight, you can’t really hide it. No matter what you wear, people will be able to tell if you have a fit and trim body or if you don’t. You can’t hide it. So above all I think if you are overweight, then losing it will make you feel the best about yourself. And I’m not saying to do it in an unhealthy, obsessive way. There are healthy ways of doing it (in my opinion). I’ve been losing just one pound a week and although it’s painfully slow, I know that it’s working so I just need to be patient and stick with it. It’s when people start to become impatient and want to rush the process that they start going about it in an unhealthy way, with crash diets, laxative teas, and the like. And also I’ll just say, I’ve been working out for 10+ years doing everything from heavy weights, Pilates, cardio machines, etc…, and I just have to say that HIIT has been the best by far. You get quick results, you’re able to lose fat, keep your curves, and put on muscle, all while only working out 30 minutes max. So if you’re looking for a new workout routine, I would start off with trying that.
I hope that these tips were helpful for you guys and not at all offensive. I try to be honest while at the same time being sensitive to the feelings of others. This is the truth, this is how i got to be to where I am today. It’s not to hurt anyone’s feelings but to give you the answers that many have asked me. Which of these tips did you guys find the most useful? Which ones would you add? I’d love to hear from you.
Ever since I was little, I was a chunky girl. You could look as far back of pictures of me when I was 3 and I was thick. Not huge, but just thicker than average. But gradually throughout the years, that little extra thickness grew and grew until finally I was 12 years old, only 5’2 and 170 pounds. On the BMI chart, I was technically considered obese. That gave me the wake up call I needed.
At that age, I went on a weight loss regimen and ended up losing the weight. For years now, my weight has steadied at 150 pounds. I have tried to lose about 20 pounds more now for years but to no avail. But it was because I never really took it seriously. I wanted to keep my same eating habits and still somehow lose the weight. But that’s just not possible. If you want to lose the weight for good, you need to change your habits for good too. Since my attempt at losing the weight over the past few years didn’t work, I tried to convince myself that I was happy with the way I looked, that I was content, and didn’t even want to lose the weight anyways. But in reality, that was a big fat lie.
I really didn’t feel comfortable. I felt too big and the style of clothes that I wanted to wear just didn’t flatter my current weight. I felt really self conscious and insecure all the time. I would even hide my face with my hair so that it’d somehow look slimmer. But finally on May 2018, I had my breaking point and decided that enough was enough.
I was tired of acting like everything was OK when it wasn’t. I was ready to finally get myself together and lose the weight. I was and still am determined and motivated to lose the weight. I want to finally be confident no matter what I wear. I’m tired of hiding behind clothes. I’m ready to get my life together, be the person I want to be and finally live my life. I want to live a full and exciting life but I can’t do that if I’m constantly scared and hiding behind oversized clothes. It was finally time to reclaim my life. I just wanted to reach this weight loss goal once and for all. I didn’t want to be someone who was never happy with how they look, just constantly feeling miserable.
So for the past month I’ve been putting in the work to reach my goals. I’ve been hitting the gym three times a week and each time I go, I make sure I kill it! I’ve always eaten healthy so this time I just make sure that I’m eating portion controlled. I’m happy to say too that after 5 weeks, I’m seeing great results! I can’t wait to show you guys the complete results when I reach week 12 of my fitness transformation.
I hope this article has helped motivate any of you who may have felt the way I did. As I continue on my fitness journey, I’ll share with you all my results and the things that I’ve learned along the way so that it can hopefully help you all.
How many of you are currently on your own fitness journey? And for those of you that are, what was your reason for starting? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you 🙂
I’ve just started on a fitness journey of my own and I can say that one of the hardest things about it can be staying motivated. In the beginning it’s real easy because you know exactly why you’re doing this, you’ve got momentum, and you just go. But after a few weeks, that all starts to wear off especially if you’re not seeing results as quickly as you’re wanting to. So you have to keep yourself motivated if you’re going to stick to your fitness journey long enough to get the results you want. As someone who has been in need of motivation from time to time, I have some tips I’d like to share with you. They’ve helped me to keep going strong and I’m hoping they’ll do the same for you. So let’s get right into it:
Get yourself some cute fitness gear. This is probably my #1 tip. I don’t know about you but when I look good, I feel good. It gives me more confidence and makes me just want to kill it at the gym. It also motivates me to even want to go to the gym in the first place. I’ll just feel so cute that I just have to show myself off…lol. But you know what I mean, I’m not going to look this cute and have no one see me.
Reward yourself throughout your fitness journey. I think it’s nice to give yourself little gifts every couple of weeks or just once a month for reaching your fitness goals. It gives you some extra incentive to push through and continue working out even if you’re not yet seeing the results you were hoping for.
Buy some beauty products that you only allow yourself to use at the gym. I use some good smelling soaps and lotions for my post workout shower but again, I tell myself that I can only use those at the gym. So if I’d really like to use them, I have to go workout. Just keep in mind too that when I talk about buying all these things, it doesn’t have to be expensive. I am not rich by any means so all of these things (fitness gear/ clothes, soaps and lotions) are very affordable. There are many stores that can sell all these things at very affordable prices. I tend to just buy a few things at a time anyways.
Save your favorite songs for working out. I try not to listen to music during the day and save it for when I workout in the evening so that it gives me something to look forward to. So just like with the last point, if I want to listen to my music, I have to go workout in order to do so.
Look up some before and after transformations online. On days when I just don’t feel like going to the gym or am already feeling tired, I look up weight loss transformations. I love to see just what a huge difference people can make in their appearance in just 12 weeks or so and it reminds me that if I just stick with it, I will soon have my own transformation. 12 weeks is really not a long time either to see such a drastic change.
Remind yourself of why you’re doing this. This kind of goes along with the last point, but you need to remind yourself why you embarked on this weight loss or fitness journey in the first place. For me, I was tired of feeling so self conscious of the way I looked, not feeling good in the clothes I wanted to wear, and acting like everything was OK when it really was not. I’ll go more into my reasons in a later post. But sometimes when you’re just focused on the moment and thinking of how much you really don’t want to workout, you need to stop and think of what it’ll mean for you in the long term.
Keep in mind how great you’ll feel afterwards. I love the feeling you get after you’ve just kicked butt at the gym and gave it you’re all. You end up feeling so good and confident about yourself. I love knowing that I’m actually working towards my goals and not just sitting at home feeling sorry for myself. I know that with each day I go out there and give it my all, I’m making progress towards my goals and that is very empowering.
These are a few of the tips that I’ve been using to help me keep going on my fitness journey. I hope they’ll help you too. Please let me know in the comments below if you found any of these especially helpful and please let me know what things you do to stay motivated. We could all use each others help 😉