When it comes to working out, music is everything! It can get you pumped up and in the mood to give your workout all you’ve got. It can get you excited and full of energy. Music can even make you look forward to your sweat session. It really is key to enjoying your fitness regime. With many of us having the goal of weight loss for this new year, I thought I’d share with you all my favorite workout songs of the moment. I tend to listen more to pop, soft rock, and R&B so if those are your favorite genres, then you might just find some in this list that will become your new favorites. They also range from 90s hits to today’s pop favorites. I hope you enjoy 😊🎶
“Why Can’t I?”, Liz Phair
“She’s So High”, Tal Bachman
“There She Goes”, Sixpence None The Richer
“White Flag”, Dido
“Someday”, Sugar Ray
“Only Human”, Jonas Brothers
“Turn Off The Lights”, Nelly Furtado
“Pieces Of Me”, Ashlee Simpson
“Invisible”, Ashlee Simpson
“Sparks”, Hilary Duff
“Island In The Sun”, Weezer
“Sue Me”, Sabrina Carpenter
“Dance Monkey”, Tones and I
“Circles”, Post Malone (clean)
“Take Off All Your Cool”, Sabrina Carpenter
“In My Bed”, Sabrina Carpenter
“Bad Time”, Sabrina Carpenter
“R.E.M”, Ariana Grande
“Rock Bottom”, Hailee Steinfeld
“Look At Her Now”, Selena Gomez
“Sign Of The Times”, Harry Styles
“Easier”, 5 Seconds of Summer
“thank u, next”, Ariana Grande (clean)
“Electric Lady”, Janelle Monae
“Boots”, Grayson Chance
“Gonna Get Over You”, Sara Bareilles
“Workin’ On It”, Meghan Trainor
“Sparks”, Hilary Duff
“How Do You Sleep”, Sam Smith
“I’m Like A Bird”, Nelly Furtado
“Youngblood”, 5 Seconds Of Summer
“Goodbye” (clean), Post Malone
“That Girl”, Lindsay Lohan
“Play That Song”, Train
“Needy” (clean), Ariana Grande
“N.A.S.A”, Ariana Grande
“Boyfriend” (clean), Ariana Grande
“Beat Of My Heart”, Hilary Duff
“We Are Young” (clean), FUN
“Stranger”, Hilary Duff
“Lush Life”, Zara Larson
“Me Too”, Meghan Trainor
Did you find any songs here that you already like or are excited to give a try? Please let me know in the comments below and let me know some of your favorites too. I’m always looking for new music to listen to.
Every year, as some of you may know, I love to set goals for myself. I’m a very goal oriented person. I write down what I want to do and I then I just do it (as Nike would say 😂) So I thought I’d share with you guys my plans for this new year. Maybe it’ll help to inspire some out there and in the end, I’d love to hear your goals too. I’d love to get some new ideas. So without further ado, let’s get right into it.
First, I’d like to continue to grow my blog. I’ve been posting regularly now for a few months and taking it really seriously. I’ve seen growth even in that short amount of time so I know that if I keep at it, then I’ll soon reap the benefits. So I just want to continue posting every week, at least once, but two times would be a dream. This is my job now so I want to treat it as one.
My second goal would be to lose at least 10 more pounds. I’m guessing I have about 15 left to lose but I really can’t tell. I know though, that losing 10 would make a huge difference and would leave me with not much extra weight. So I feel that if I can knock out those 10 pounds, it will cause a huge change in the way my body looks and from there I shouldn’t have much more to lose. For those who don’t know, I’ve been losing weight for 4 months now and in that time I’ve lost 22 pounds. It’s really transformed the way I look. I’m so proud of my hard work. But there’s still a bit more I’d like to lose so I can feel my very best and be my most confident self.
Next, I would like to develop a hair care routine and at the same time, grow my hair a few inches more too. I have never had the best hair. And it’s not because I have difficult hair or anything, I’ve just never really known how to care for it. I’ve always had a frizzy head of hair and it was pretty much always a hot mess. It wasn’t until this past year or so where I’ve been using hot tools on my hair and actually getting more of a smoother, shinier look. But now I see the heat damage starting to creep up on me. It’s nothing serious, just a bit on the ends. But I know that If I don’t take care of it now, it’s just going to get worse. So it’s time to finally implement a hair care routine. I’m talking hair serums, deep conditioning, learning to style without heat, the works. I want silky, gorgeous, shiny, long hair, but I know it’s going to take work to get it there. That starts this year!
I also want to start reading books again regularly. I’ve always loved reading ever since I was a kid. But with all the many books we had to read in High school, reading during my leisure time was the last thing I wanted to do. Then after school ended, I got married and soon after got pregnant so all my time and energy went towards my baby. But now that the baby stage is over, I’m finding I finally have that vigor back and with it, a desire to read and to consume knowledge. I want to better myself, I want to get to the root of personal issues I have, I want to learn new things. I can do all of that with reading. I’m starting to get that hunger for devouring books back so I want to feed it before it goes away.
I’m really looking forward to going on daily walks once the weather warms up. We just moved into our new home a few weeks ago so right now we live by a canal. There’s a beautiful path that goes all along it with flowers and greenery that I just can’t wait to walk. It’s still pretty cold here in California, but as soon as the weather warms up, even just a little bit, I plan on walking out there. Ever since losing my weight, I’ve been keeping active everyday. I want to keep that up though even when all my weight is gone and I think walking outdoors is a fun, relaxing way to do so. So as soon as I’m able to, I’ll be out there.
Another thing I’m really looking forward to is upgrading my closet. Now that I’ve lost a good amount of weight, everything is pretty loose and baggy on me. For some clothes that’s perfectly alright, like a sweatshirt for example. But for a fitted dress, it just doesn’t look right when you’re swimming in it. I’ve been buying myself a few items here and there but only if they’re on clearance. That’s simply because I’m still in the process of losing weight. So although I do want some clothes that fit me now, I also don’t want to invest too much into them since I know they won’t be fitting me for long. With the clothes I’ve been buying, I’m starting to get a bit more adventurous with them. I’m not buying just regular old skinny jeans. Instead I’m opting for a fit and flare sort of pant that cinches at the waist and opens wide toward the ankles. I don’t want to just wear casual clothes anymore. I want them to be fashionable and just my style. I don’t want to play it safe. I’ve also been wearing heels more which is something I’ve never done before. It’s just part of my everyday look now. So I’m excited to add to my heel collection (right now I just have 2 😂)
Another goal I have is to have friends and family over a couple of times every month. Since moving into our new home, we’ve had people come over pretty much twice a week, every week. I want to make sure we keep to that pattern and throw fun parties for our friends too. I have a lot of kid themed parties that I can’t wait to have. Not many people throw those parties where we live but I think it’d be so fun for Lulu and her friends. I’ve always been so shy when it comes to having people over. I just always over think it and worry if people are having a good time. But my husband has helped me a lot with not over thinking and as I get older too, I’m less self conscious and shy. I love being hospitable now and I just can’t wait for all the parties we’ll throw and all the memories we’ll make too.
I also want to continue homeschooling my daughter. She’s only a toddler so she’s not technically enrolled in home-school; we’re just practicing. But I want to make sure that I keep up with it, work on it daily, and am seeing progress in what my daughter is learning. Right now she knows her shapes, colors, ABC’s, she can match, and draw really good. I think that’s all so good especially since she’s not even 3 yet. I’d like to teach her phonics next (the sounds each letter makes) and then from there we’ll work on forming words and eventually reading. I think we’re making really good progress. But like I said, I want to work hard to stick with it. If I’m going to be homeschooling her, then her education is in my hands and that’s something I take really seriously. So I just want to make sure that it’s something I can honestly do.
This last one is actually something I’ve been wanting to do ever since I was a kid. I want to maybe write a book this year. Crazy, right! I’m not talking about just an e-book. I want it to actually be a physical book that you can touch and feel. I’d like to write and illustrate it myself to. I would probably start off with a children’s book since it’s a genre I love, I have a daughter of my own who I could read it to, and I love to draw cartoons which would be perfect for a book of that category. It might be a bit of a stretch since I’m still trying to get my blog off the ground; I may have to focus on that first. But I’ve found websites that you can use to help you write and publish your own book. I think it’d be amazing if I could make that a reality this year.
Those are my goals for this coming new year. They’re definitely different from the ones I’ve had in previous years; they’re new and exciting. I’m looking forward to it all. Please do let me know any goals you have for this new year. I’d love to get even more ideas. I just wanted to mention too, if you guys are enjoying my blog and would like to help it grow, please subscribe down below to my weekly newsletter. You’ll basically be emailed a notice only once a week letting you know that I’ve posted something new on my blog. Don’t feel obliged to do it but if you like the things I write and would like to see more, I would deeply appreciate you taking the time to subscribe. Thank you so much 😊🌻
Last week was part 1 of this series where I shared 12 things I’ve learned in my life. Since the list was so long, I decided to break it up into two posts. This is part 2. It’s heavy and it’s deep…so get ready. 🌻
13. Let God guide you in life. Sorry to include religion if that’s not your thing, but I just need to briefly say that God is the reason why I am so happy today and why my life is where it is. I’ve been in the trenches and in the lowest of lows and God helped me to get out of that. He helped guide me to true happiness in life and avoid paths in life that I almost went down but just would’ve given me misery. So I just have to quickly give thanks and credit to God himself. I wouldn’t be where I am now without him.
14. Figure our what it is you want to do in life so that all your decisions can help lead you there. I know it’s easier said than done but maybe write down a list of things that interest you and perhaps actual jobs you can do surrounding those things. Or if marriage is a major goal for you, think of the qualities you want in a life long mate. That way you can be sure to search that out in the men you talk to and if they aren’t what you’re looking for, you can end it with them and move on. At least then you won’t be wasting your time. Try and think of where you want to be in 5 or 10 years from now so you can set goals that will bring you there.
15 You need to take care of yourself if you want to help care for others. This is a lesson that was especially engraved in me once I had my daughter. You can not serve from an empty cup. You will just find yourself burnt out, exhausted, and constantly irritated. It doesn’t take too much to care for yourself either; eat healthy meals, do your hair, take a hot shower, do a little makeup (if that’s your thing), and most importantly get your rest. You can’t expect a car on empty to go very far so prioritize your sleep if you want to get anything done.
16. Focus on strength training, not cardio. I see so many people, young and old, who workout so much or eat very little but still have a flat butt, lanky arms, and just overall not the shape they want. I wish I could just tell them that all they need is some strength training. And I’m not talking about 2 pound dumbbells; I’m talking about 20 pounds. Strength training has helped give me the curves I have, its given my arms shape, it’s given me structure and definition in my face and body, a sculpted back, abs, and so much more. You can see all my muscle definition even though I still have some weight to lose and that’s because of strength training. Some people believe that once they lose the fat everything will be toned, but the truth is that you need strength training to give you that definition. If you have to choose one over the other, I’d say skip out on the cardio and focus on the weights. And I know a lot of people fear getting bulky, having a thick neck, and large shoulders. Trust me, I get it. I don’t like that look either. The thing is though, it takes a lot of focused effort, a specific kind of diet, and really heavy lifting to attain that bulky look. So it’s not just going to happen on it’s own overnight.
17. You don’t need to keep anyone toxic in your life. Whether that be family or a friend that you’ve known for a really long time. Don’t feel obliged to keep anyone in your life who’s constantly bringing you down, causing problems in your life, and who is overall a negative influence in your life. That’s draining and exhausting. You don’t need that.
18. Never look to a guy to make you feel whole. If you do, you’re heart will always be in their hands. If they cheated on you or hurt you, you may believe that’s what you deserved. Don’t let any other person define you. Be whole enough on your own. Be complete on your own. That way if a guy comes into the picture, he will just add to your happiness. If he is the only reason for you to be happy, then you will constantly be unsteady because any little thing he does could make your whole earth shatter. I know it’s easier said than done. This is something I had to learn too but it’s necessary and vital. We can’t rely on someone else for our happiness because what would we do if one day they’re gone? You can’t spend your days with that anxious thought always in the back of your head. Look within yourself to see why you don’t feel whole on your own. Why do you feel the need to be validated by someone else? Once you answer those questions, you can start on the road to inner happiness and satisfaction. People are unpredictable so you wouldn’t want your whole life to lie in the hands of someone else.
19. Love is far superior to romance. I know that may be hard to believe, especially with the way movies make it out to be. But trust me, love is so much better and is long lasting. Romance is so quick lived and often dies out. You can certainly have romance and be deeply in love with your spouse, but often that takes more effort since you’ve guys have been together so long and its not the beginning stage of your relationship. Often times, as ladies, we can be suckers for romance (I know I am). It can sweep us off our feet and blind us to any red flags or toxic behavior that the guy may be exhibiting. But as someone who has experienced both, I have to tell you that the truth is love is the better option. It’s everlasting. Love is there for you when you’re at your worst moments in life. Love is there to support you and help you through life. That’s what a guy does when he loves you. The romantic guy often just wants to be there for the good parts and as soon as you’re having a hard time, they’re gone. And of course I’m not saying this is true of all romantic guys. It’s possible for a guy to be both in love with you and also romantic. But I’m talking more about those guys where that’s all they really offer. They’re a smooth talker, know just what to say, and are very romantic, but it doesn’t go any further than that. But sometimes because we love the romance so much, we’ll ignore the fact that he’s not so great as an actual boyfriend. And that leads me to my next point.
20. Don’t ignore the warning signs and the red flags! Often times we may be so head over heels for a guy and love the way they make us feel that we ignore all the ways they’re bad for us. We live for those high points in the relationship because it makes us feel like we’re walking on air. But be wary. Keep your eyes open. From my own experience, the most romantic, smooth talking guys were actually really terrible people and I realized that with the deeper I dug. I found out that they were going around talking to so many other girls in just the same way; they didn’t really care about me personally. That is a terrible person who is not going to change just for you. He just doesn’t respect women as a whole and he shows that in the way he acts. Love is just a game for people like that. It builds their ego knowing they can get so many girls and they usually don’t care if you get hurt in the process. It makes him feel good having the reputation of a “heart-breaker”. But often times we may still stick around though because he says the most perfect things and makes you feel incredible. But look beneath the surface. Those are just words; anyone can talk but it’s a whole other thing to walk. The fact that he’s not giving you his full attention and toys around with other girls hearts says a lot about what he thinks of you. He doesn’t think you’re worth it. He feels that you’re just worth part of his time. Don’t try and stick around and hope that he’ll change because more than likely that’s just the way he’s gonna stay. If he’ll disrespect you now, he’ll continue to do it. The honeymoon stage of when you first meet a person is supposed to be a time where you’re really trying to impress the other person and put your best foot forward. But if he’s treating you so negatively now, I’d be scared to see just how ugly it’ll get as years pass and he get’s even more comfortable with you. I want you to see that and not go any further with him. See the warning signs and run for the hills. (I’m sorry if this came off as harsh but when you’re in this situation, sometimes you just need someone to be blunt and give it to you straight. It can be so easy to overlook those things but if 5 years down the road you’re married to this guy and have children with him, it won’t be so cute having him still act like this. You’ll be kicking yourself wondering why you ever stayed with him. I just want you to avoid all that pain and regret.)
21. Don’t allow social media to break up your relationship. I’ve heard that many couples have actually divorced over it too. That’s so sad to me. Understand that social media is not real life. You’re relationship with your partner is far more important (and real) than anything on your phone. If it bothers them that you follow a certain person or like certain posts, just stop doing it. I’ve heard of couples who will fight that to the core. They’ll say “well it’s my right to do it. You can’t tell me what I can and cannot do.” and the list goes on. Why be so adamant about following certain people like that? Why is that so much more important to you than how you’re mate is feeling? Social media is whatever to me. I use it mainly as a business tool and to share photos with family. Any accounts I follow are just for fun. I really don’t care if my husband wanted me to delete all my accounts today, I would just do it. Social media is just not important to me. And the fact that people would have actual arguments with their loved one because they don’t want to unfollow a certain person? That’s unbelievable. Just remember that at the end of the day social media is not a person. So if your mate were to leave you over it, you would be all alone. And for what? It’s just not worth it. Let your pride go, let your ego down, and just listen to your mate’s feelings. Make their happiness a priority far before social media.
22. You can be body positive and still want to lose weight. I know this is a big debate, it often times causes arguments, and everyone has their own opinion on it. Here’s mine: yes, I believe you can still lose weight while also loving yourself and your body. You don’t have to hate your body in order to lose weight. Just recently I’ve lost 22 pounds and am still trying to lose about 10 pounds more. Even at the beginning of my weight loss journey, I still thought I was cute. I was never repulsed or disgusted with myself. And when it came to losing weight, I never resorted to starving myself or putting myself on a super restrictive diet that made me want to gag. I think often times, that may have been the experience of others when they first tried losing weight (I know I did the same thing when I was 12) so I think that’s what they relate to when it comes to losing weight, as if that’s the only way that it can be done. I would actually argue that I’m showing my body more love by trying to get rid of extra weight that is only causing health problems. I’m eating healthier and making sure I’m more active throughout the day. I think caring for my body in that way is much more loving.
23. And finally number 23! I should make this one good since it’s the last one, right? Ok here it goes: always do what’s right. I know that sounds so cheesy, so dull, and boring. But hear me out. Often times when you’re trying to be morally and ethically good as a person, it can be hard. It can be especially hard when we see people who are doing things so wrong and bad in life and yet seem to get away with it and even prosper. But the truth is, we will always pay for our actions in the end. Sooner or later those consequences will be knocking on our door. For example, if you did bad, cheated on your mate, and thought that they would never find out if you never told, guess what. Those things will always, always come out. You will face those consequences sooner or later. You can’t avoid them. Or if you did right in life, you will see good things come your way. You will avoid drama, arguments, and a lifetime of chaos by doing things right. In my life, I have always made the right decisions, I was always the good girl. At times it felt like why, why do I have to work so hard at doing good when this person is doing so many terrible things and yet seems to be prospering. Again, the truth will always come out. Years later I now see it. I see the misery that is their life, how they are struggling, and are alone due to their wrong behavior, and I see how everything in my life is seeming to align all at the same time. Everything is just right and just as I want it to be in life. I’m not trying to brag, that’s why I’m keeping it real vague and brief. But just know that those people who are doing wrong, even if you can’t see it now, they are (or will soon be) paying for their course in life. It may be something that takes years and years for them to fix (and sometimes it may be something that they’ll just have to struggle with for the rest of their lives). So don’t feel that it is in vain that you do things right. Know that soon you will see the reward for all your hard work and then you’ll be so grateful that you made the decisions you did and avoided so many problems in life.
So guys, there you have it: 23 things I’ve learned in my life. I hope you can take away at least one tip from this that you found helpful. In my life I’ve learned so many things, even as a young person. A big part of that is listening to the experiences of others. So please be open to hearing what older and wiser ones have to say. They’re just trying to help you avoid mistakes that they possibly have made in life or have seen others make. Then that way you can avoid so much hurt in your life. Weigh each decision out carefully. It can be so quick to make a decision that may impact you for the rest of your life so think things through. I’d love to hear from you guys and hear any bits of wisdom that you have. Please share! 🙂
This past Friday I turned 23. I’ve honestly have always felt older than what I actually am so even though I’m 23 now, I feel like I’m actually 27. How exactly would a 27 year old even feel? I do not know😂 It’s just always been that way with me. People tend to think I’m older than I am too. They’re genuinely surprised when I tell them my real age. They say I’m just so mature for my age and seem so wise. So I thought I’d to share with you some of the “wisdom” I’ve acquired after being on this earth for 23 years. It’ll be fun so let’s dive right into it!
The people you went to school with will not be in your life as an adult. You may never even seen them again (unless of course you want to) so don’t worry about the high school drama or cliques, who’s popular or anything else like that. It all means nothing in the real world.
If a guy really likes you and wants to be with you, he’ll show it. You shouldn’t have to try and decode his en-cryptic messages of emojis. I hate all those games honestly. I don’t have time for that. That’s why I’m so glad I married an older, mature man too because he didn’t play those games. He shouldn’t ignore your texts for days. You shouldn’t have to read between the lines to see how he’s really feeling. He should make it clear and if you’re confused, ask him. If that scares him off, then good. He wasn’t ready for a real relationship anyways.
Do your own thing in life. Many times what others want you to do may be the exact opposite of what feels right to you. At the end of the day though, you’re the one who will have to deal with the consequences of your decisions. You’re the one who will be left to live your life and those other people won’t have to. So try and do what makes the most sense to you. I mean just look at my life for example, I left High school at 16, got married at 18, and had a baby at 20. But I had a certain vision for my life so I made the decisions that I felt would help me to get there, and it did. So although I did not do things the way people normally would have liked me to, that doesn’t matter. I got to where I wanted to be and I didn’t have to waste time doing things the conventional way.
Not everyone is sincere. It may be hard to believe if you yourself are a sincere, honest hearted person yourself, but not everyone has good intentions. Not every “friend” wants the best for you. It’s something you learn in life. And it may be hard to believe because you may think, why would a person fake a friendship just to then gossip about you and stab you in the back? It’s sad but unfortunately it happens. There are some people out there who are like that. You don’t have to be paranoid and not trust anyone. Just be cautious and try to get to know your friends before you tell them your personal issues. It may happen to you, where you find out that a “friend” was acting more like an enemy behind your back. In that case, just drop them. You don’t need that in your life and there are so many other people who are looking for real friends like you.
You have the power to become the person you want to be in life, to better yourself in anyway you’d like. Whether that be financially, physically, or even just personality-wise, you can do it. If you’d like to be kinder and not as bitter and cynical, then you can work on improving your personality. You do not have to be defined by your childhood, by the way your family acted, nothing. Oftentimes, if someone has a temper then they might say something like, ‘well my father always had a temper too so I can’t help it’. But the truth is, you can help it and that’s good news! You don’t have to stay stuck with traits that you don’t really like. It may be hard to reprogram your brain with the way you think and how you react to things, but it can most definitely be done. I was able to do it, so I know you can too.
Some people will hate you just because. Again, this may be something that’s hard to grasp, but some people just won’t like you and they may not have any real reason why they even feel that way. You may treat them so nice. You might be so friendly and helpful to them and still they just won’t like you. Don’t sweat it. Some people you just can’t win over. But that’s OK because there will be so many other people who do like you, so focus on them.
We all have those people in our lives who we haven’t talked to in years and we think to ourselves, why did I ever lose touch with them? Then you get to talking with them and end up seeing just how negative and toxic they are to your lives. Then you realize that that’s why you broke off contact with them. So my advice to you, leave people from the past, in the past. I wouldn’t say that applies to each and every person but as a general rule of thumb, it’s usually what’s best. There’s always a reason why you stopped talking to certain people or why a certain friendship didn’t work out. Just trust that if you’ve stopped talking with certain people, it’s probably for a really good reason so be wary about allowing them back into your life.
There will be ebbs and flows to your relationship. That’s OK and perfectly normal. So don’t think that there’s anything wrong with you or your partner or that maybe you guys just weren’t meant to be together. That’s something that would happen in any relationship so don’t worry.
Be humble. There is so much in life that we don’t know about so try not to speak on things that you don’t know the facts on. I’ve done it too. I can almost guarantee that we’ve all done it. Be open to learning more and realize that you don’t know it all, not at 23, 43, or even at 63. Try not to comment on the lives of others because more than likely, you don’t know the full story.
It’s easy to find people who will want to sleep with you but its hard to find someone who will love you unconditionally. So when you find someone like that, who really loves you, hang on to them and don’t let them go. It may be true that people will want to be with you physically but that’s so different from someone who will actually commit to you for your whole life. I’ve seen the sad outcome of women who have taken their significant others for granted. They’re still alone at 40 years old and have spent years trying to find true love again. It’s not easy to find so hold onto your love and appreciate them.
Take care of your skin now! I’ve been lathering my face with oil every night since I was 12 years old and recently have been wearing SPF daily. It may seem really premature for me to be doing these things but I rather prevent wrinkles and fine lines. Why take a chance? Just start taking care of your skin now and you’ll thank yourself in the years to come (especially as you get older).
The same goes for your health. You may feel that you’re young and can eat anything you want and don’t have to worry about your health but the truth is that you’ll pay for the way you treat your body sooner or later. In the short term, eating junk food and being inactive will cause you to have low energy, bloat, indigestion, bad skin, body aches, and a whole plethora of problems. In the long term, you can develop diseases that really inhibit your life, you may lose organs or limbs because they’ve shut down due to years of abuse, you may lose your hair, become obese, and the list goes on. So, take care of your health now and you can live a rich, exciting, and fulfilling life. You can do all the things you want to do and your body won’t be able to hold you back.
This is just part 1 of this series since it’s such a long list. Part 2 is already typed up and ready for you guys to see and I gotta say, it’s probably the best piece I’ve ever written. I’m really excited to share it with you guys! But in the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this post. As we go through life, we gain experience and wisdom. The hope is that we’ll learn from it and share what we learn with others too so they can avoid problems. Please let me know any of your pieces of advice for life. I’d really love to hear it and I’d love to know what you thought of this article too.
With my 5th year wedding anniversary coming up (on December 12th to be exact) I thought it’d be fun to share 5 things I’ve learned while being married for these past few years. I am not a marriage expert or counselor by any means, let me just put that out there😂. These are just a few of the things I’ve learned while being married. I hope they help.
Just pick up the dirty clothes from the floor and don’t bicker about it. If your spouse has a bad habit that really bothers you, you should most definitely tell them about it instead of just holding in all that frustration. Hopefully they can improve on their bad habit and eventually stop doing it all together, but I wouldn’t recommend that you point it out to them each and every time it happens. That can get annoying for both of you and lead to arguments over something so small. You don’t want to be bickering with your spouse each and everyday, that just leads to constant tension in the house. Keep in mind too that habits are hard to break. Often times they’re done without much thought, it’s just subconscious. So try and be patient. They’re not doing it to purposely annoy you. Their actually probably struggling to break it. You can bring it up from time to time to try and get them to hopefully improve on it but try not to bring it up everyday.
Don’t compare your mate or your relationship to anyone else’s. Every couple, and I mean every couple, has their challenges in marriage. There’s so much that may be happening behind the scenes that you just don’t know about. There will be areas that another couple may be better in, but your relationship will also be better than there’s in other ways too. Try to work on watering your relationship and it will grow. The grass is most definitely not greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it. A friend told me that and I thought it was so wonderfully said…and true! So bottom line, don’t be jealous of someone else’s relationship because they have issues that you don’t know about, we all do.
Communication is so so important! I know this is one we’ve all heard before, but communication is everything! It helps build trust, it avoids needless arguments, and there’s no confusion. You guys will always be on the same page since you’ve clearly communicated everything that’s going on. Be open and honest and talk about everything. Talk about your goals for your finances as a couple. What is it you want to work on saving towards? Be open with where you want your life to be in 5 or 10 years. Let them know if you feel that life has become stale and you need a change. Be honest about everything: even what you’d like to do for the weekend or what time you expect to be home and if there’s any changes to your plans that may cause you to come home later. It’s not about trying to control the other person, it’s simply having respect. You guys are now a unit and if you come home late, it may change the other ones plans (like even simply what time they should cook dinner, if they’ll be putting the kids to bed by themselves, and more). So just try to communicate what you’re feeling and thinking so there can be as little conflict as possible.
Date your spouse. Flirt with your them, text them throughout the day, send them pictures, or funny things you find on social media, just basically treat them like you did when you guys were dating. It does take an effort to do these things since we can get so caught up in our daily lives and the routine of things. It doesn’t have to be all day that you’re texting them but one or two funny or cute texts can go a long way. They show that you guys are thinking of each other and they help keep things fun and exciting between you too. Don’t forget to dress up cute for them too, wear cute pj’s and things like that.
Look within yourself for happiness, don’t rely on your mate for that. With any relationship, you need to be happy with yourself first. You can’t expect the other person to be the answer. If you are feeling bored or unfulfilled, take up a hobby or new job . Your husband/ wife is a life partner, someone to go through experiences with, to support each other, possibly build a family together, and hopefully have fun along the way. But they should not be the only thing in life that makes you happy or the one that gives you purpose in life. I think it’s important to be your own person first. That way you can add to each other’s life and enhance it. Being another person’s only source of happiness is a lot of pressure and can be draining so if you can relieve them of that, it’ll make everyone’s life easier.
So there you have it, my 5 pieces of advice for the 5 years that I’ve been married. I hope these were helpful and were not so repetitive with the advice people usually give married people. What are your tips for married people or those looking to get married? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
I often get compliments on my makeup and people will ask what specific products I’m using. So I thought I’d write it all down in one post for you all to reference to. These will be all the products I used to get the look above. It’s more of a fall look with a little glam in it. This is a look I like to wear on most days during this season. It’s got pink eye shadow, burgundy lips and sparkle on the eyes. But I still feel that it’s not too over the top so it’s a look I feel comfortable wearing everyday. All the products I’ll be naming are affordable ones you can find at Target, Amazon, and Walmart. So without further ado, let’s get right into it.
1. NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer (clear)
First I should mention that before anything else, I first use witch hazel to freshen up my face in the morning, then I put on some SPF, and then finally I put on this primer. It has a silicone-like texture to it. I spread it evenly all over my face, neck, and eyelids. I really see a difference with my makeup lasting all day. I’ve tried wearing different primers and I’ve also tried wearing no primer at all. Both times, my makeup didn’t last and it would wear off in patches. It looked really bad, blotchy, and like I had bad skin when in reality it was all because of a bad primer. So primer is a must! It makes a huge difference and the kind you wear matters too. Some are just bad quality and won’t work at all.
I really really love this foundation. I’ve seen so many post about it on Pinterest and I can see why. It feels really lite, like you have nothing on your face but it also has really good coverage. It’s just a medium coverage so if you have lumps and bumps on your face, it most likely will still be visible. But if you have redness like me, it’ll definitely be covered with just a thin layer.
This is my favorite contouring concealer. It has such high coverage and really brightens up your face. It makes such a difference and really does help to contour your face all on its own, even without bronzer. For reference, I use the color “Vanilla”. I do the basic contouring method of putting it down my nose, on my forehead, a triangle under my eyelids, on my chin, and underneath my cheekbones. Then you just blend with a damp sponge (it gives a more flawless finish that way).You want to dab to blend and not smear or pull. It’ll thin out your coverage (if you do smear) and will just show your skins flaws underneath. Whereas with dabbing, you’re able to build on your coverage so you can apply just how much you need.
4. Rimmel London Natural Bronzer (#027 Sundance)
This bronzer gives sort of a thin coverage (I am trying to find a better one) so I just have to layer it on until I get the desired color I want. I just want it noticeable enough so that it actually is contouring my face and not so light that it becomes the same color as my foundation. I apply this bronzer on the top of my forehead and blend into my hair line, beneath my cheekbones, along my jaw and blend down my neck, and then down the sides of my nose for a more narrow look. It will have harsh lines at first along with the blush, but once you put the finishing powder, it’ll help to blend everything out.
5. Milani Baked Powder Blush (#01 Dolce Pink)
Next I apply this blush to my cheeks and I blend it with the bronzer beneath my cheekbones. That’s pretty much it. I, again, dab it on (instead of smearing) for greater coverage. I dab enough until I get my desired color and until it’s all blended with my bronzer.
6. NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder
My next step is this finishing powder. It literally is the best! It helps blend all the bronzer and blush together, it softens your whole look, and takes away all the shine. It lasts me all day! It’s not until late in the afternoon when I’ll need to reapply more. I’ve used cheaper, lower-quality ones, but they all just wear off really soon, in about a few hours after I first applied it. So I’ve learned that the quality of the product really does make a difference. You can’t expect quality results from really cheap products. NYX (my favorite brand of makeup) is very affordable and is actually sold at Target and Walmart now. Just as a tip, Amazon tends to sell most of the NYX products for about half as much as the stores charge. I don’t know why, they just do. So if you’d like to save yourself some money, try ordering your makeup from Amazon.
7. Living Coral Palette By: UCanBeMakeup (From Amazon)
Next I go on to eye shadow, probably my favorite part! For this look, I first use the light pink all the way on the bottom left row (called “Wake”) and put that one all over my lid. Then I put the scarlet that’s right next to it (“Youth”) on the base of my lid. I pat it on till I have full coverage all over my eyelid. Then I move onto the deep wine color all the way on the top right (“Dessert Island”) and work that into my crease. I keep it just in my crease and blend it in so there’s no harsh lines. You just reapply if you want a darker color. I would suggest starting off light though since it’s always easier to apply more if necessary. It can get messy if you need to remove it though. I then just apply a bit of the white sparkle on the far top left (“Lifted”) to the inner corners of my eyes for a little pop. And if you have any fall-out from any of the colors, you can just use your finishing powder brush to swipe away any eye shadow that has fallen on your cheeks.
8. Wet n’ Wild Coloricon Kohl Eyeliner (Brown)
Next, I use this eyeliner pencil to line my eyes. I just do a straight line on the sides of my eyes and that’s it. I don’t line the top of my eyes since I feel that it makes them look smaller. I just feel that it flatters my eyes best when I do it this way. But feel free to play around with it until you find what works best for your eye shape. For example, I cannot do a winged liner look. It just does not look good on me no matter how I do it. So although my method isn’t one you see often, it is one that looks best on me. So don’t try and force a look that doesn’t work with your eyes. You may just have to try something different.
9. L’Oreal Voluminous Primer (White)
10. L’Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara (Blackest Black)
Next are my all-time favorite products, the ones that make the most dramatic difference, this mascara primer and mascara. The primer is so amazing and makes all the difference! I get so many people who compliment me on my eyelashes. They ask if they’re fake and they’re surprised when they learn that they’re not. The primer elongates, separates, and thickens your lashes (just while you’re wearing it of course). You should let it dry for a bit just so it can harden and your lashes can keep that long, thick look. So while I let it dry, I move onto my eyebrows and when I’m done with that, I go back to my eyelashes and apply the black mascara. It’s pretty straight forward when it comes to the mascara. I just sway it back and forth as I work it through my lashes so it can cover them from every angle. I extend it through my lashes on the sides to give a more open look. I also do my bottom lashes. I know some people don’t but I just like the look better that way. I feel that it gives it a more balanced look.
When it comes to my eyebrows, I first brush them through to see what I’m working with. Then I lightly line along the bottom of my eyebrow and the top. I then blend that in with an angled eyebrow brush. I blend it all in until the line I drew is no longer visible. For any sparse areas that need more filling, I just lightly draw it in again and if it looks like harsh, I’ll just lightly blend it again with the angled brush. I might brush through my brows again with the spoolie in case they got bunched up again and I want a cleaner look.
12. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick (Vintage)
I then move onto my lips. I first always apply lip balm since I feel that it gives your lips a fuller, softer, and more plump look. Plus the color applies more evenly. After I do that, I apply the lipstick. I first outline my lips with the same lipstick applicator. I then coat my lips thoroughly, usually two coats, to get my desired color.
13. NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
My final step is this finishing spray. I thoroughly cover my face and neck with it to make sure I seal it all in.
I hope you guys found this step by step breakdown of the products I use (and my tips) to be helpful. If you guys like post like this, make sure to let me know by giving it a like or commenting so I know to write more. I hope this was easy enough to follow and if I find any new products I like, I will definitely update you guys.
I am so excited to finally share the big news with you guys! I’ve had to wait some weeks just until everything was official but I can now finally say…We just bought our first home and I am so so excited. As I’m writing you right now, we’re still in our apartment (unfortunately) but we’re just days away from moving into our home. I never imagined that at 21 years old I’d already be a homeowner! And honestly we weren’t even planning on buying a home this year. It all just sort of happened. Let me explain.
I was never crazy about our current apartment. In fact, when we moved in it was with the idea that we would only stay for one year since it was a last minute emergency. And that’s exactly what we did. Throughout the time we lived here, I would look at other rental listings in the area. They were all far overpriced and were not good looking at all! We live in California, mind you, so everything is a bit more expensive here. I was feeling hopeless and like we would never be able to move into a nicer place. I never thought of buying a home because I just imagined that it’d just be too expensive. So one day I decided to just try looking at how much our monthly payments would be for a mortgage. What I saw was that for just a few hundred more , we could move into some really beautiful places. I just couldn’t believe it! Once I realized how affordable it would be for us, I just couldn’t fathom renting. It just didn’t make sense to me anymore. I thought we were saving so much money by renting when in reality we were just wasting money. The cost for renting was very close (if not the same in some cases) to the cost of having a mortgage. And at least when you’re paying a mortgage, you know that you’re working on paying it off and that you’ll eventually be done. Whereas with renting, you’ll just be endlessly making payments on a place that will never be yours. And with buying a home, if there’s anything you don’t like, you can always change it and eventually make the place your dream home. But with renting, it’s as is, so if you hate the kitchen, the carpet, or anything else, you just have to accept it.
So once we realized the benefits of buying a home and that it was something we could afford right now, we decided to check with our realtor friend to see how much we could qualify for a house, how much we’d need to save for a down payment, and the exact monthly cost that we’d have to pay. She of course gave us the information for a loan lender who would break down all the numbers for us. We found out that we had enough in savings to buy a place right then and there! My husband has always been a really good saver so we already saved enough for a down payment and then some. But from what I read online, I thought we would have to spend 6 months to a year or more of saving to have enough. In my mind, I didn’t think we would be able to buy a place at least for another year. But because we qualified for a really good first time buyer loan, we were able to put down a really low amount. Our realtor friend got right to work and by that weekend, she had us viewing 10 houses!
We put offers on four houses before we finally got the final one we wanted. We’re glad it worked out the way it did because this final house was the one we were actually the most excited about. All the other houses we had put offers on would need work on them. But this final one is move in ready and gorgeous. (I plan on sharing pictures with you guys once we’re actually moved in.) The first home, I really liked the area (it was a safe, quiet, and gated community) but I wasn’t crazy about the carpet, the kitchen tile, or the wall colors. But we were willing to change it ourselves because to us the structure and area were most important since everything else inside can pretty much be changed. It had a really cute backyard that was already landscaped. It was bright inside and had high ceilings. It was really nice. But unfortunately there was one person before us who made an offer and theirs got accepted first.
The second home had a really nice layout too and it was in a really good area. It needed some work too but nothing too extreme. It was probably as much work as the first one. But we were willing to save up to make those changes and then DIY any projects that we could. The problem with this one was that it needed a new roof put in right away, before we could even move in. We were given an estimate of at least $15k. But you have to buy homeowner’s insurance first before the lenders will want to loan you out the money for the house. But no insurance company would want to insure a house that has such a major problem like that. So we would be kind of stuck with that one. We asked the homeowner if they’d be able to fix the roof before we moved in but he said no. So we decided to just end it there. We just had a gut feeling that it was going to be a big mess for us and on top of that, they previously had a termite and bed bug issue. The house had been tented but we still worried if maybe there were some lurking. I know its not likely but it was just something that was on the back of my mind. So we ended that one right there.
The third home, we only had our offer on it for a day. I basically didn’t know that once you make an offer on the home and its accepted, that you are now in contract with the homeowner. You could still pull out but you would lose your down payment which is thousands of dollars. So after we had our offer in for about a day and I learned that we would be in contract, I told my husband that I felt we should take our offer out before it even got accepted. Fortunately, it hadn’t yet gotten accepted so we were able to not lose any money and move on. With this third house, I wasn’t really crazy about it at all. I didn’t like the layout, it was a nice block but right around the corner was a gas station that is notorious for its crime. It had an industrial building in the backyard so that would’ve been our view, and it still needed a whole kitchen remodel. But I was OK with making an offer because in my mind I thought that meant that it would be just the same as holding a spot for you and that you could back out at anytime. Once i realized that wasn’t the case, I quickly told my husband that we should back out of it. And I’m so happy we did! The seller was hesitant to accept our offer too which I felt weird about. I never wanted it to be forced on either of our sides. So if she wasn’t feeling it for some reason, then I just rather she didn’t sell to us.
And now finally our fourth home, the actual one that we’ll be closing on. It’s the one we wanted right from the start but the only thing that held us back was the high HOA payment (Home Owner’s Association). Every HOA will cover different things. For most of them in our area, they just handle the yard work so that’s what we assumed this one would cover too. My husband really wanted this place though so he called back weeks later to ask for specifics on what would be included in this HOA. To our surprise, we found out that it would cover our water bill, it would take care of the outside of our home (like the roof), it covers the yard maintenance, and more. So basically it included bills that we would already need to pay, it wasn’t really adding more. Once we found that out, we realized that we really could afford it. It would be equal in payments to the previous homes that we had put offers on but this one is all ready to go with a newly done kitchen, walk-in closets, and remote controlled windows, plus its on the water so it has beautiful views.
Once we realized we could afford this fourth home that we really loved, we put an offer and had it accepted in about a day. We then had it inspected and the inspector said it was perfect and spotless. He couldn’t find anything wrong in the foundation, no cracks, nothing. That was such a relief to us because I’ve learned that a home can look beautiful on the outside but have so many problems within and I worried that would be the case with this one too. We had the appraiser come out and he said it was worth more than we had to pay so that was nice to here. All we’re working on now are the closing docs. We should be moved in in less than 10 days now (that’s the estimate we were given). Once we do, I will definitely be sharing pictures with you guys. I can’t wait to get it all together and share the final results. I think I’ll do an empty house tour first and then a fully furnished one.
I just honestly cannot believe that we’re buying our first home and right now too! Like I said, that wasn’t our plan for this year at all. I didn’t think we even had enough in savings for a house right now. But to my surprise we had more than enough. I am just so grateful to be in the position that I am. I see it as a blessing and I am just so appreciative for it all. I’m grateful for my hard working husband and for his money saving skills too.
I hope you enjoyed me sharing more of my personal life with you guys. It’s something I’m trying to do more of. I hope this article was informative for you all as well. Maybe you’re in the home buying process, or about to be, so I hoped this helped you understand the steps a little bit more. If you guys liked this article please give it a like down below and follow if you’d like to see more from me. Thank you for your support as always.
If you’ve read my post on how to look good from head to toe, then you know that painting my nails is something I do often! I just love to have a fresh coat of polish on my nails. It ties your whole look together and makes you look sharp. So I thought I’d share with you guys some of my favorites that I’ve been keeping in my rotation. Every time I paint my nails, it’s always with one of these colors or sometimes I mix and match them. I feel like these colors are so bright and happy but still go with all the clothes in my wardrobe. Just for reference, I have an autumn skin tone. I have warm, yellow undertones and I look best in olive greens, burgundy, mustard yellow, peach orange, light pink, brown, gold, and the like. So these nail polishes will suit you best if you have a similar skin tone. But I’m sure that even if you don’t match my exact tone that you can probably still find some here that will work with you. So with that being said, let’s get right into it.
This peach color is just so so pretty to me. It’ actually been a favorite of mine lately. It has gold in it too which gives it a nice shimmer. It’s a color that would go especially well in the summer or fall time. There’s not much more I can say about it. It’s just a really happy color that I feel can coordinate well with so many outfits.
2. Sally Hansen Color Therapy #300 “Soak At Sunset” (shimmering coral)
This is another favorite of mine. It’s a neutral coral with gold shimmer. It’s a toned down orange so it can work with many other colors and pieces in your wardrobe. I love the orange tone for summer. It’s such a pretty and soft color. I love it so much that I’m already on to my second bottle!
I call this one a bubble gum pink because it reminds me of exactly that. I think every girl needs a signature go-to pink polish and this is the one for me. It’s a true pink so it’s not going to be one of those that are so light they look white. It’s just pretty and classic and I love it.
4. Essie #216 “Splash of Grenadine” (orchid)
This next color just makes me so happy and I don’t know why. I was first inspired when I saw my mother-in-law wear this exact color and I just thought “I really like that!” And ever since then, it’s been my favorite polish (at least for the moment). I especially love to wear it when I have on leopard print. I don’t know what it is, it just pairs so well together. You should definitely give this one a try.
5. Jordana #675 “Pink Hearts” (sparkle with hearts)
This polish makes my heart so happy too! That may sound weird to you guys, but really, it’s the little things that get me excited. These little pink hearts just remind me so much of middle school for some reason. It’s very nostalgic for me. I layer this on top of any color I’m wearing. It’s just a light sparkle with a pink heart here and there. It’s very subtle but very cute.
6. Wet n’ Wild Wild Shine #C473B “Blazed” (coral)
This is another coral color but unlike the more neutral one above, this one is more bright, bold, and orange. I love both of them but sometimes you may want a more subtle look and sometimes a bold one. This is definitely the bolder option. It’s nothing too crazy, but it is noticeably brighter. I love it though. It’s such a happy color to me.
7. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat (quick dry)
And last, but certaintly not least, is this quick-dry top coat. It has now been a staple in my nail collection. There is nothing worse then spending so much time painting your nails just to have them get messed up because you bumped into something and they weren’t fully dry. It’s so annoying! Especially now that I’m a mom, I don’t have 2 hours to wait till my nails are dry before I can start using my hands. But with this top coat, they dry almost instantly. You do have to be careful at first of course, but if you bump into something, they wont automatically be ruined. I feel what helps the most is if you do a thin layer with each polish you use. Then your nails will dry so much quicker.
So what do you guys think? Did you like these new polishes? Please let me know in the comments below some of the ones you’re loving right now, hopefully some that are more compatible with winter. I also have been wanting to try a neon green. It just seems like such a beautiful and vibrant color and one that (again) would go well with my leopard print😂. I can’t wait to share with you guys all the new colors I find this season. It’s fun. If you guys like posts like this one, please make sure to give a like so I can write more. Thank you.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always looked a mess. I was overweight with cystic acne all along my jaw and down my neck, my hair was always a frizzy mess, and I sometimes suffered with b.o. I would always look up to the beautiful women who always seemed to have it together. They were poised, confident, so fashionable and cool. Everyone wanted to be their friend. I always knew though that I had it in me to be just as great. So from the age of 12 years old, I started my transformation. It has been 10 years in the making but I now can share with you all how I’ve learned to look good from head to toe. Here’s how I learned to be the most confident version of myself:
We’ll start from the top and work our way down. So first thing is your hair. You’re going to want to learn how to style it. Whether you want to use hot tools or keep it au natural is up to you. Just learn how to work with your hair and style it in a way so it doesn’t look frizzy. I personally like to use hot tools for my hair. I only do it twice a week and wash my hair every 3 days. I’ll usually use a curling iron for voluminous waves but when I’m in the mood for it, I’ll use a straightener. You’ll also want to make sure to take good care of your hair too. Do deep conditioning treatments once a week, use a protectant when using hot tools, be kind to your hair, not rough. Damaged hair does not look good and there’s not much you can do when it’s severely damaged except grow it out. There’s also no way of hiding damaged hair so make sure to prevent it and take good care of it now. Also, only dye it a color that is compatible with your skin tone and that is only 3 shades lighter or darker than your natural hair color. That’ll help prevent extreme damage and will help your hair to look more natural. But of course, you don’t need to dye your hair at all. The key is healthy, smooth hair.
Next we’ll move on to our face. You’re gonna want to go to YouTube for this one and start watching some makeup tutorials. I only had to watch a few to get some game changing tips that have helped my makeup to look more professional. What I’ve learned too is that your products make a BIG difference when it comes to the way you’re makeup will turn out. I never thought so. I always thought that they were basically all the same. For example, you might think you have no eyelashes, but it may just be that you’re using the wrong mascara. At least that was the case for me. I always thought I had bad lashes but after switching my mascara, now my lashes are the main thing people always compliment me on. My favorite brand is NYX for makeup. They give you professional results at drugstore prices and I’ve recently learned that if you buy them on amazon, they’re always cheaper…like 50% so! So there’s a little tip for ya 😉 I’ll make a separate post where I get into all my staple products so you don’t have to waste time and money trying so many different ones and you can skip right to the good stuff. But trust me, upgrading your makeup routine is a game changer! It’ll make you look so much more put together and will make you feel so confident- it’s a must on my list!
Next we’ll talk about your ears or more specifically, earrings. You don’t have to wear earrings, but I always do. I never leave the house without them. I personally am a big hoops girl (it’s just the Latina in me lol) But I feel like even if you have small little studs in, they can help you look so much more fashionable. I’ve also been getting into hair accessories. I like cheetah print head scarves or scrunchies with bows on them. It’s so simple but those little touches really help level up your outfit and tie everything together. I think dainty necklaces are another really nice touch. They’re so feminine and delicate and really spice up any outfit. Don’t be afraid to experiment with scarves or different handbags too. You can find such a great variety and for really cheap too.
Since, we’re working our way down to the underarm area, let’s talk about b.o (other wise known as body odor). So it’s simple: take a shower everyday, wash your clothes weekly and don’t wear anything that has a foul smell. You’re clothes don’t have to be expensive to look good. What’s most important is that they’re clean, smell fresh, don’t have stains, and preferably wrinkle free. Please use deodorant and don’t forget it. Carry a travel one with you as a mid-day refresher. we all need it sometimes, it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. And as a bonus, a body spray or perfume helps for you to have a nice feminine scent that people will smell when you walk passed. It’s a nice touch. Also, please moisturize any dry, visible parts of your body (legs, knees, elbows) and please, oh please, if you’re feet are going to be exposed, moisturize those as well. I can’t stand dry, cracked heels. I’m sorry, it’s just a pet peeve of mine. It’s so easy to fix too and does not look good at all when you walk around like that. So please, for my sake, don’t do it. And I know all this sounds pretty simple, but you’d be surprised by how many adults have b.o. Oh and don’t forget to brush your teeth, carry mints or gum with you as a mid-day pick me up to freshen up. And if you always have bad breath, talk to your doctor. It may be something you’re eating or an underlying issue that your doctor may be able to help you with.
Next, we’ll move on to your bra. You’d be surprised at what a difference wearing the right bra can make. If you wear one that’s too small, you may have spillage in the cup area or back bulge squeezing out around the straps. If it’s too big, then it can cause a lot of weird gaping, especially around the cup area. So get sized. You can do it yourself at home. I finally, after about 10 years or so of wearing bras, have finally figured out my correct size! So now my bra outline can’t be seen through my shirt and it’s so much more comfortable to wear.
Now, we’ll talk about clothes. I always feel it’s best to have a certain color scheme with your wardrobe. I tend to have more of an autumn skin tone so in my closet you’ll see a lot of peach, burnt orange, burgundy, olive green, brown, ivory, mustard yellow, blush pink, tones. Having a color scheme with your wardrobe means that you’ll easily be able to mix and match certain pieces since they all work well together. So you’ll be able to have a few pieces but make many outfits from them. Try to find clothes that flatter your figure too. Of course you don’t have to, but there will be some pieces that will look better on you than others (just like with anyone else).
Next we’ll move onto your legs, or more specifically, body hair. So you’l want to make sure you’re shaving often. Everyone’s hair grows at different rates but for me, I pretty much start shaving whenever I see that stubble is starting to form. I want to be as smooth, feminine, and dainty as possible. That means no body hair (including facial, underarm, leg, thigh…you name it.)
Next, we’ll talk about our feet. I think it’s important to have your feet freshly pedicured year round. That doesn’t mean you have to get it done professionally or even that your nails have to always be painted (if that’s not you’re thing). But it does mean that your nails should always be cleaned, trimmed, dead skin and callouses removed, file down anything that needs it, and overall just have smooth, clean feet. I think uncared for feet are very unattractive to just about anyone. And it can be something fun to do. I like to do mine in the night when my daughter’s already asleep. I put my show on, relax, and paint my nails my favorite color of the moment.
Now we’ll touch on weight and fitness. I know that this can be a touchy subject. So this part will just be for those who already do want to lose weight. I personally have always been on the overweight side as I’ve mentioned. I’ve lost 40 pounds as a teenager. I always held on to 10-15 more even after that though. And after I had my daughter I had like 15 more that I had gained. So of the 25 that I’ve held onto after having giving birth, I’ve already lost 15 of it during these past few months and am working on losing the 10 that remains. I have simply been counting calories with the my fitness pal app and doing HIIT workouts 3x a week. But let me just tell you, losing weight is what really makes me feel the most confident of everything on this list. If you’re overweight, you can’t really hide it. No matter what you wear, people will be able to tell if you have a fit and trim body or if you don’t. You can’t hide it. So above all I think if you are overweight, then losing it will make you feel the best about yourself. And I’m not saying to do it in an unhealthy, obsessive way. There are healthy ways of doing it (in my opinion). I’ve been losing just one pound a week and although it’s painfully slow, I know that it’s working so I just need to be patient and stick with it. It’s when people start to become impatient and want to rush the process that they start going about it in an unhealthy way, with crash diets, laxative teas, and the like. And also I’ll just say, I’ve been working out for 10+ years doing everything from heavy weights, Pilates, cardio machines, etc…, and I just have to say that HIIT has been the best by far. You get quick results, you’re able to lose fat, keep your curves, and put on muscle, all while only working out 30 minutes max. So if you’re looking for a new workout routine, I would start off with trying that.
I hope that these tips were helpful for you guys and not at all offensive. I try to be honest while at the same time being sensitive to the feelings of others. This is the truth, this is how i got to be to where I am today. It’s not to hurt anyone’s feelings but to give you the answers that many have asked me. Which of these tips did you guys find the most useful? Which ones would you add? I’d love to hear from you.
Buying a house may be closer to your reach than you think. It’s all just a matter of controlling your money and making it work for you. In today’s article, I want to share with you the top 5 tips that have helped us save. I hope these will help you guys too so you can start this new, exciting chapter in your life.
1. My first tip would be to find the cheapest grocery store to buy your food. We previously did our grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s (a health food store) but that would easily bring our total price to $200 and sometimes more per week. And we’re just a family of two adults and a toddler! I searched around to see what stores had the best prices for food. It turns out that Walmart has some of the best prices. So I now do the majority of my grocery shopping there. But…surprise, surprise…the 99 cent store actually has a whole lot of produce all for $1! When I shop there, we save $70 a week which adds up to $280 a month! That’s a whole lot of money to save on just one bill! And trust me, I was skeptical about dollar store food too. But we have already tried it for 2 weeks and everything tastes just fine. Nothing spoiled right away or anything. So just give it a try. Maybe you’ll like it too.
2. Another area where we’re saving money is on our electric bill. Im so sorry to say but we used to live with our AC going non-stop! Its so embarrassing to admit. But now, we’re rarely using it and only put it on when the heat is getting to be just too much to handle. Turning on the AC is now a last resort for us. We’ll open the windows, turn off the lights, close the blinds, take a cool shower, turn the fans on, we’ll do all that before we finally decided to turn on the AC. We haven’t gotten the bill back yet but i imagine that we’ll be saving anywhere from $100 – $150 a month minimum. I’ll try to update you guys once we get the actual numbers back.
3. We also limit eating out now to only once a week. That’s something I had already been doing for a while now just for weight loss reasons but now my husband is jumping on board too. So he no longer will order out for lunch while he’s at work. But I take responsibility for making sure he has meals so he won’t have to eat out. If I miss a day for packing his lunch, I wont blame him if he does have to eat out. But its rare that that’ll happen. Lately I’ve been making a lot of crockpot meals so we’ll have leftovers for lunch the next day. I’ve also been focusing on making delicious recipes so he wont miss eating out over the weekends. Often times before, we would go to Jamba Juice and buy a smoothie but now if we’re craving a smoothie, we’ll just make one at home. Its a whole lot cheaper that way. And you’d be surprised how much it adds up when you’re eating out.
4. My next tip is to look through the coupons you get sent to your door. Before we wouldn’t even bother and would just throw them out right away. ( I know, we were super wasteful ) but now I take the time to look through them. I’m not a super couponer or anything so you won’t see me at the store taking out a binder of coupons (not that that’s a bad thing, I’m just not at that level). But if I do see a coupon for something that we use on a regular basis or for eating out, I’ll make sure to save it. For example, just last week I found a coupon for a free pizza. There were no strings attached either, we didn’t have to buy anything else. So last Friday for our day of eating out, we literally spent $0 on dinner. That was amazing to me and quite exhilarating to be honest lol😄
5. I’ve also been loving no spend weeks. I often will just do one week at a time and then the following week I will let myself buy something that I’ve been wanting (home decor, makeup, etc…) But lately I’m doing no spend months (since we’ll be moving into our new home in a little over a month) and I want us to save up as much as possible so we can have enough to make the renovations on the house that we’re wanting. I have been loving the challenge of not spending any money though. It really forces me to get creative and to find local events that are going on for free. It makes me do more hands on and nature things with my daughter. It’s been so nice and its getting easier over time. This is now my third week in a row of not spending any money on personal things and I’ve been so proud of myself for it.
As we’ve gone over the numbers to see if we can afford a house, I’ve realized that we’ve had the money all along but because of our mindless spending, the money would just slip through our fingers and in the end we wouldn’t have enough for anything else because we had spent it all on meaningless stuff. But spending like we were was just keeping us in the same situation of living in a small outdated apartment that we really didn’t want to be in. I’m so happy that we’re finally taking control of our money so we can really do the things we want with it and not just waste it. It makes me feel so good too as a stay at home mom because I know that I’m helping my family save TONS just by spending smarter. Sometimes us stay at home moms can feel like we’re not contributing enough to the family but I can see now that I am. By being more mindful with our money, I’m enabling us to be able to buy our own home. If it wasn’t for that, we’d always be stuck in the same boat. Because even if I went out and got a job, with our reckless spending, we still wouldn’t have any money left over.
This experience has helped me to see that we need to be in control of our money so we can take it in the direction we want to go. It all comes down to priorities and about what you want most. If you really want a house, then making these changes won’t be such a big deal. But if you rather have stuff, then that’s OK but just know that you may not be able to save for other things. I hope these tips will help you guys with getting a rein on your money so that you can soon move into a home of your own. It’s such an exciting, new chapter in our lives and I cant wait to share all the details, home decor, remodels, and DIYs that we do on the place. Which tip did you find the most helpful? And if you have any tips of your own, please let me know in the comments below. I’ll take all the help I can get!😄