Even though we are in quarantine at the moment, there are still some goals I’d like to work on. I’d like to come out of this with a better and more improved version of myself. I want to be proud of the way I used my time at home. Every month I like to make goals for myself so I know what my focus should be for the upcoming weeks. So I wanted to share with you guys what I’ll be working on for this next month in hopes that it’ll maybe help give you all some ideas. These are all things that can be done at home too so we can be safe and still accomplish our goals.
- One of my first goals I want to work on is learning how to style my hair in a way that I love. I’ve done straight hair, wavy, natural, but none of them are what I’m wanting. I’ve always used hot tools sparingly to avoid heat damage, but it’s to the point that I think it just may be necessary to start using them daily, at least for touch ups. I’m just tired of having frizzy or flat hair that I feel self conscious of.
- I am also working on losing my next 20 pounds. For those who don’t know, I just recently lost 20 pounds this passed April and now I am working on losing some more. This time around I’m going about it by eating clean and of course with the right portions too. I just felt that with calorie counting (which is how I previously lost my weight) it wasn’t teaching me how to eat healthy. You could eat 1500 calories of just chocolate and still lose weight but that’s not setting you up with healthy habits. So I really wanted to take the time to learn how to eat in a healthy way that’ll help me to maintain my weight loss . It would be terrible if I were to gain it all back, especially considering how much time and effort I have to put in just to lose it so learning healthy habits is really important to me.
- My next goal is daily walks in the morning. Last month I went back to doing my Pilates (which I absolutely love) but now I’m just in the mood for walking. It doesn’t really matter what I end up doing, my main goal is just to have daily movement. It feels so good and it’s good for you too.
- I also want to try and make it a habit of doing an arts and crafts activity with my little toddler everyday. Since she’s not able to spend time with her friends right now, I’m trying to fill that void by spending even more time with her one on one. I’ve been enjoying trying different Pinterest projects with her. They help us spend time together and they help her to be creative as well. I like to use it as our little home school time. I often run out of ideas so if you’re like me and need some help in that department, Pinterest is where it’s at.
- Next I want to get back into a regular cleaning routine so that our house is close to spotless a majority of the time. Once quarantine continued on past the one month mark, I started to get burnt out, sad, and tired so I didn’t have my normal motivation and energy that usually helps me to stay on top of things. Now that I’ve accepted our current situation and am working with it, I’m starting to get on top of cleaning once again. Clothes are being hung up soon after they are washed, dishes are getting done on the daily, I’m basically back baby. So for this next month, I just want to keep that momentum going and continue to tackle all of the daily chores. When the house is clean, then I am happy (and so is the hubby😄) so I want to maintain that in July.
- I mentioned this one in a previous post, but I want to work on reading regularly. Ideally this would be something that I would do everyday. I struggle with this simply because there is so much I like to get done during my free time (and sometimes need to get done) that reading often gets put on last on the list. But I want to at least start with 10 or 15 minute sessions just to get me into the habit (and into the book) and then we can increase our time from there.
These are my goals for July. This month’s list is on the shorter side but I guess it’s because there is only so much I can do while in quarantine or I already accomplished my other goals. I hope this list was able to help you in someway and that you enjoyed getting some insight into what I’ll be doing during these next few weeks. Let me know what else you would like to see me write about. I want to tailor my site to what you all are interested in. Are there any goals you have for this coming month? I’d love to hear from you.
Till next time,